Mull 2 Hull 2011

It has started when .....

I was cycling from Mull to Hull 450 miles for a variety of reasons: to have fun, because I was able to, as a part of a survival strategy and to try to raise a shedload of money for charity! ... and I did it £2800 and a much perter bottom

And now... www.theride.org.uk

Friday 13th till Sunday 29th of July 2012

1000 miles, John O Groats to the Olympics, through 5 capitals (Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cardiff, London), A bunch of cancer patients (past or present) on their bike .... not your everyday journey

Organising a campaigning cycle ride to Have fun.... Cancer is deadly serious, but you can have serious fun with it..............Shout it out, you can live well with cancer because it is part of our lives not our whole life.............Calling for services to get and keep active to give us a better quality of life, through treatment and beyond.

You can join the The Ride

The whole hog, a few days, or a short ride with us, or maybe support The Ride and the campaign.

Life is for living

Tuesday 30 August 2011

28th Tobemory to Crianlarich

I haven't talked about food yet I do not know how I managed that, as eating is one of my favourite things. So here we go: breakfast I always feel I really had to behave wh.....
Grapefruit, cereal with lovely bits, shaky scrambled eggs with thick slices of beautiful smoked salmon, toast and honey ... that seems an awful lot compared with my usual two slices of toast. Mind you 60 miles is not my usual routine either.
The ride to the ferry took us less than half of the time than the day before. It seemed downhill nearly all the way which does not really make sense as we started and finished at the sea level, but I m not the one to complain about it. I managed to have some time on the front on my own singing to the music and pushing hard I really love the feeling the wilderness on my face with wind playing wild games with my hair it does give me freedom and mad thoughts at times.
I called Chris it just made me cry how beautiful it was ... I know I know he gently laughed at me.
Oban; lovely Prudence' gang waiting me at the port to waive me off doing the cheerleader thing with my name which makes me laugh endless. We will meet up for tea at cianlerich.
Route 78 vertical to start with breathtaking at both sense after that huge mountains everywhere and beyond.
60 miles done and I kind of feel alright although savlon close at hand.

Family coming tomorrow all of the boys,my sister rita her boyfriend and my dad in one campervan ...

Thank you lovely Prudence and Toddy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm getting Scottland envy. Lets plan a more leisurely visit, misses. Ezra's in Dumfries with Dominic, so don't be shocked if you see them! Get some sudacrem. It's great with blisters. Keep going warrior woman:) Have you seen any stags? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fantastic, Reka - have another great day today x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fab Reka.
    Keep smiling up those uphill parts as you know that just around the corner will be a free-wheeling, legs out, wind through the hair, yeeha section that makes it all worth it.
    Read that Chris and the boys with you so will just have to eat the apple and blackberry crumble that was going to take over. Shucks!
    Have fun,
    Love Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete