Mull 2 Hull 2011

It has started when .....

I was cycling from Mull to Hull 450 miles for a variety of reasons: to have fun, because I was able to, as a part of a survival strategy and to try to raise a shedload of money for charity! ... and I did it £2800 and a much perter bottom

And now... www.theride.org.uk

Friday 13th till Sunday 29th of July 2012

1000 miles, John O Groats to the Olympics, through 5 capitals (Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cardiff, London), A bunch of cancer patients (past or present) on their bike .... not your everyday journey

Organising a campaigning cycle ride to Have fun.... Cancer is deadly serious, but you can have serious fun with it..............Shout it out, you can live well with cancer because it is part of our lives not our whole life.............Calling for services to get and keep active to give us a better quality of life, through treatment and beyond.

You can join the The Ride

The whole hog, a few days, or a short ride with us, or maybe support The Ride and the campaign.

Life is for living

Saturday 27 August 2011

The 26th



I know it is silly but I always get to a stage. I know it is coming but it always comes as an unwanted surprise and finds me whatever. The last couple of hours before setting off for holidays makes me run up and down the stairs maniacally looking for stuff that I dont really need. Let the the electrical devices look after the kids! I'm just being a bit flappy and not hugely pleasant. 

The send off was a bit touchy, the sky was weeping and then tuned into my manicness and was pouring buckets.  I really hope mull will put a braver face on.

We are late and Tas joins in with the sky, Zsoli is grinning supportively and Chris my stuff around.

In the mini bus I sit next to Steve who has run the Lyke wake walk...three times...which is forty odd miles. I have walked it once well bounced the beginning and crawled the end. So I am getting a bit scared now. 

The journey is long and a bit crowded which is fine,I m happy to arrive in Oban. It is still dark and the contour of the hills can just about be seen. Slowly the darkness is peeling off and is gorgeous. I do love Scotland. 


No comments:

Post a Comment