Mull 2 Hull 2011

It has started when .....

I was cycling from Mull to Hull 450 miles for a variety of reasons: to have fun, because I was able to, as a part of a survival strategy and to try to raise a shedload of money for charity! ... and I did it £2800 and a much perter bottom

And now... www.theride.org.uk

Friday 13th till Sunday 29th of July 2012

1000 miles, John O Groats to the Olympics, through 5 capitals (Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cardiff, London), A bunch of cancer patients (past or present) on their bike .... not your everyday journey

Organising a campaigning cycle ride to Have fun.... Cancer is deadly serious, but you can have serious fun with it..............Shout it out, you can live well with cancer because it is part of our lives not our whole life.............Calling for services to get and keep active to give us a better quality of life, through treatment and beyond.

You can join the The Ride

The whole hog, a few days, or a short ride with us, or maybe support The Ride and the campaign.

Life is for living

Monday 16 July 2012

Edinburg - John o groats tongue



The alarm went off the painful time of 5.42, but we need to get going. It is an other 4 hours by car than 60 Miles. So ... Well... Calculations are funny things and they are always go on their own stretchy way. We got to John O Groats about 2ish. Quick cup of tea and we trundled off to The sign. We were all standing there ready for the big adventure smiling hopefully in Carl's camera when an evil seagull came and thought Hahaaaa.... and landed a huge sploshy poo on right top of my head. Good luck hey... Silly silly concept. (and the tonight programme is .... washing my hair ... not as would anybody ask me out). Anyway 3 of us finally set off just after 3. The first 20 miles were really good mood is high, landscape stunning,weather fine. After Thurso I continued on my own still ok for an other 20 miles. But then I got a bit beyond myself and the hills just kept coming  towards me in a relentless manner, it was hard. Arrived 10.15 pm to the youth hostel. Lovely Penny has prepared this fantastic meal which was just a life saver. Shower and my hair smells nice not a speckle of bird poo. Off to bed now ... Long day tomorrow
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment