Mull 2 Hull 2011

It has started when .....

I was cycling from Mull to Hull 450 miles for a variety of reasons: to have fun, because I was able to, as a part of a survival strategy and to try to raise a shedload of money for charity! ... and I did it £2800 and a much perter bottom

And now... www.theride.org.uk

Friday 13th till Sunday 29th of July 2012

1000 miles, John O Groats to the Olympics, through 5 capitals (Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cardiff, London), A bunch of cancer patients (past or present) on their bike .... not your everyday journey

Organising a campaigning cycle ride to Have fun.... Cancer is deadly serious, but you can have serious fun with it..............Shout it out, you can live well with cancer because it is part of our lives not our whole life.............Calling for services to get and keep active to give us a better quality of life, through treatment and beyond.

You can join the The Ride

The whole hog, a few days, or a short ride with us, or maybe support The Ride and the campaign.

Life is for living

Friday 13 April 2012

the last 3 weeks

I am sorry haven't been in touch the last 3 weeks has been a bit turbulent. I got a new CT result which was a bit dubious as there was a bit of a "dodgy" one in October it looks like it had been a slight progression in that time looking back all my result, but since than it is stable again. My husband, Chris decided to redo the kitchen as we got some cheap unit on ebay so i ending up project managing it all (and as we never follow bog standard stuff we ended up knocking 2 walls doing swirly worktop and breakfast bar supported by a real tree trunk). i just ran a marathon (the Hull marathon on the 8th of April) in just over 5 hours. and my sister quite unexpectedly offered me and my mum a ticket to Australia to visit her, I am going between two chemo sessions, flying this Saturday. So even by my standards it has been  a bit windwhirly. Oh yes, and had my birthday in between. So the ride has suffered a bit; I haven't been as proactive as before but things are ticking over and when I get back on the 29th I will fully refocus again. I heard about the charity and will contact them; thanks for the contact. I might try to do some stuff from Oz but not sure if I will manage it. The dates on the website are correct. 

No comments:

Post a Comment